Harvey L. Hall Medical Scholarship
Graduating seniors interested in pursuing an education in healthcare are invited to apply for the 2016 Harvey L. Hall/Hall Ambulance Medical Scholarship.
The $250 scholarship is open to Kern County students planning to enroll as a first year, full-time student at an accredited college or university in a medical field major; i.e.: paramedic, EMT, nurse, physician, dentist, hygenist, etc.
DOWNLOAD THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION:
2016HallMedicalScholarship-Application (Right-click to save the pdf document to your computer).
Scholarship Deadline: April 29, 2016
Harvey L. Hall/Hall Ambulance Medical Scholarship Criteria
Must be a resident of Kern County and planning on attending either a Junior College or State University in 2016-2017.
- Minimum qualifying grade-point average is 3.00 for a $250 scholarship.
- Students must be planning to enroll as a first year, full-time student at an accredited college or university in a medical field major; ie., paramedic, EMT, nurse, physician, dentist, hygienist, ect.
- Complete the attached scholarship application and include a typed statement of 300 words as follows:
- Indicate your educational plans and career goals;
- Include need for scholarship assistance and any special circumstances;
- Sign and date your statement.
- Applications can be completed then printed from our website at hallamb.com. The application is available February-April each year.
- Provide two academic recommendations and one community recommendation. Recommendations should be typewritten and returned with your application in a confidential, sealed envelope.
- Provide a copy of your high school transcripts.
- Include a current original headshot photograph of yourself.
- Submit all information to:
Hall Ambulance Service, Inc.
Medical Scholarship Committee
1001 21st St.
Bakersfield, CA 93301
For more information, please contact Heather Pruitt, at (661) 716-4279.